2.4GHZ CMOS WLAN / BLUETOOTH RFEIC WITH PA, LNA WITH BYPASS & SP3T SWITCHThe RFX8422 is a fully integrated, single-chip, single-die RFeIC (RF Front-end Integrated Circuit) which incorporates all the RF functionality needed for dual-mode WLAN, Bluetooth operations including simultaneous WLAN and Bluetooth receive capability. The RFX8422 architecture integrates a high-efficiency high-linearity PA, a directional Coupler and output Power Detector, impedance matching networks, harmonic filters, a LNA with Bypass and an SP3T Antenna Switch all in a single CMOS device.
This RFeIC is designed to be used in combined 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth applications operating in the 2.4GHz band, and can be powered directly from the battery.
Combining superior performance, ultra-low power consumption, small form factor, and low cost, RFX8422 is the perfect solution for mobile, handheld, and portable devices with integrated WLAN and Bluetooth. RFX8422 is assembled in ultra-compact 2.5 x 2.5 x 0.45 mm 16L QFN package, and requires minimal external components and PCB footprint.
Please note: RFX8422 is being discontinued and is not recommended for new designs.
- Combines 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth applications
- High linearity PA for 802.11 b/g/n WLAN
- Simultaneous WLAN and Bluetooth receive mode
- Low Noise Figure WLAN Receive LNA with Bypass for Near Range Operation
- Supports direct battery operation
- Built in directional coupler based output power detector
- ESD Protection Circuitry on All Ports
- DC decoupled RF Ports and VDD / RF Isolation
- 2.5mmx2.5mmx0.45mm Small Outline 16L QFN Package with Exposed Ground Pad
Images & Diagrams
- RF Frequency (MHz)
- Rx Insertion Loss (dB) Typ.
- 10 / 1.2
- 802.11 WLAN Standard
- Rx Gain (dB) Typ.
- Tx Gain (dB)
- Rx NF (dB) Typ.
- Saturated Output Power (dBm) Typ.
- Supply Voltage (V)
- Package (mm)
- 2.5 x 2.5 x 0.45
- Find Your Sales Representative and Distributor
- Consult with your Skyworks sales representative or distributor to find the best solution for your design.
- Request a Quote
- Get a quote for the specific products and quantities you need.
- Working with Skyworks
- Learn more about our purchase process to navigate quickly and efficiently
- Ask a Question
- Consult with experts and engineers for help on your project.
- Technical Documents
- Explore application notes, block diagrams, data sheets, user guides, ADS model calculators, installation references, S parameters and more.
- Design Tools
- Select evaluation boards, kits and other tools to support your design.
- Green / Pb-Free Certificate
- Look up product's green / pb-free status and download the Certificate of Conformance.